Monday 27 April 2015

Making A Mask - Part Two

After being inspired by the 'sack mask' and 'The Scarecrow' in "The Batman", I was finally ready to make my mask. Below, is a step by step process of how I made my mask. 
I first placed the sac over my cousin. This was so that I could correctly plan where the features of my mask would go.
 
I then drew an outline for the eyehole on the sac.


Then, I cut an eyehole in the mask.

Afterwards, I made stiches near the eyehole. I also drew the lining of the mouth which was an idea from 'The Sac Man' in "The Strangers".


I then made some adjustments behind, so the sac would fit as a mask around the person wearing it. This was achieved through stiches.
As the sac was too long, I had to trim its length with scissors. The finishing touch was the rope around the neck area. Overall, the task did take long. However, it was easy to find my materials. The only thing left for me to do, was adding the dirt to the mask to give it a more rough look.

No comments:

Post a Comment