Friday 24 October 2014

Possible Fonts For Film Title On Poster

After researching on existing film titles, I tried making a film title which could potentially be used in our poster.
 
From my previous research in As Media Studies, I know that film titles in slashers are short and sharp e.g. two words. This technique effectively allows the audience to immediately identify and remember the film name. For this reason, after coming up with my own film names, I decided to use 'Knock Knock'. The name relates to our plot of a unknown killer knocking on the door of the house the teenagers are in. People are familiar with the phrase 'knock knock' and so this film title would be incredibly effective in establishing our film's name.

I used 'Dafont', a website specially designed for font types.

After clicking on the 'horror' category, I found this font type called 'Scream Again'. I thought the font stands out, capitalisation is used in the font type. The overall look of the font matches the idea of a knock on the door, as the font can visually signify wood.

I then typed in 'knock kock' in the 'custom preview' tool bar. I selected large for 'size'.


Final product of film title.

In terms of colour, the black could work, or brown could be useful in connoting a wooden door. Applying red blood dripping to certain areas in the film title would work well with brown, as the colours contrast quite well. Black however would also be appropriate. Deciding on colours however will all depend on our mise en scene in the poster, in terms of our background colours. This font can also be used in our teaser trailer. The colours again will heavily depend on the mise en scene in the point at which the film title is displayed (towards the end). 



No comments:

Post a Comment